Dear Smiles 4 Kids Pediatric Dentistry Families,
We are excited to share that we will be reopening Monday, May 18th!!
We have made some necessary modifications for the safety and well-being of everyone as we return to treating patients. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). With the updated guidelines, all new personal protective equipment (PPE) has been added to our practice.
You will see some changes when it is time for your child's next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and our staff. Parents, please help us by discussing these new changes with your child to help alleviate any potential issues that may arise.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office for your child's appointment. Positive responses to any of the questions will result in the appointment being rescheduled.
- Upon arrival, you will call the number that was provided to you to let our staff know you have arrived. Please let us know what type of vehicle you are in and we will have you wait in your car until we are ready for your child. A staff member will come to your vehicle and record you and your child's temperature. Any temperature that reads 100.4 or greater will be rescheduled. Our staff will also be screened daily for COVID-19 related symptoms.
- Any copays and/or balances owed will be collected at this time and a receipt, if requested, will be provided to you upon check-out.
- Upon entering the office, a face mask or covering is required and expect to see all staff members in protective gear as well. We ask that you only bring the child that is receiving treatment with you to the appointment.
- Should you need to enter the office with the child because they are unable to enter alone, we will only allow 1 parent/guardian to escort the child into the office. We will have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use. You will see that our waiting room no longer offers magazines, children's toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Please do not bring any outside toys or electronics into the office. Cell phones are permitted.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients, therefore, we are limiting the number of patients we are scheduling which may mean you will have fewer options when scheduling your child for treatment. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the waiting area at any one time.
- In light of social distancing, we are asking the accompanying parent/guardian to remain in their car for the duration of the appointment. You will be contacted once your child has completed treatment.
We look forward to seeing your family again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. We promise to stay committed to the safety of our patients, their family, and our team. We will make whatever changes that are necessary as the situation evolves to provide the safest environment for your family to receive dental care.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends. Please call the office at (513)771-5231 with any questions.
Dr. Pong, Dr. Ivory, and Team